Pre & Post Natal
Yoga Teacher Training
Spend one weekend a month for three months immersed in training to become an effective yoga teacher to prenatal and postpartum students. This 60 hour training builds on a foundation of yoga, and delves deep into the physical, emotional, and spiritual transformation that occurs during all stages of motherhood. Students will be able to confidently work with mothers one-on-one or in a group class.
Pre Natal Weekend- Sept 21-23. 2018
This weekend will be all about pregnancy and how to teach to women in all stages. You will learn what happens with a woman at all layers (koshas) during each trimester. We will have multiple prenatal asana practices and teaching opportunities.
- common pregnancy ailments and yoga tools
- Pranayama and meditation for pregnancy
- Detailed break down of asana forms for pregnancy and benefits
- How to modify a non-prenatal yoga class for a pregnant student
- Holding space and building community for mothers
- Vocalization and mantra
- Case studies and practice teaching
Birth and labour weekend- Oct 19-21. 2018
This weekend will build on the previous prenatal knowledge and go into more depth for preparing a woman and partner for labour.
- Stages of Labour and yoga perspective
- Active birth - positions to help
- Yoga for optimal fetal position
- Partner yoga class for birth preparation and comfort in pregnancy
- Pranayam for labour and delivery
- Fear - how to discuss and support
- Practice Teaching
post natal weekend- Nov 23-25. 2018
We delve deep into understanding and supporting the role of a mother this weekend.
- Physical challenges - core, pelvic floor, diastasis recti, back pain, pelvic instability, neck and shoulders - and yoga tools
- Emotional well being - post partum depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation - and yoga tools
- Sex life and relationships
- Building Community in a yoga class
- Detailed break down of asana forms for postnatal yoga and benefits
- Pranayam, Meditation, and Yoga Nidra for Mothers
- Practice Teaching
Entire Training - $890.00
One Weekend Module - $320.00 (Only available for weekend 1 or 3, Birth and Labour weekend builds on learning from weekend 1)
A $200 deposit is required to secure your spot for the full training. If signing up for one weekend only, full payment of that weekend is required to secure your spot. Full payment is due by August 15, 2018. A full refund minus $25 administration fee will be given up to this point. No refunds will be issued past August 15, 2018 unless training is cancelled for unforeseen reasons. A training manual is included in the cost of the program.
Friday 10:30am - 2:30pm (4 hours)
Saturday 8:00am - 7:00pm (break 9:30-11:30 & 3-4pm for total of 8 hrs)
Sunday 8:00am - 6:00pm (break 10-12:30 for total of 7.5 hrs)
Each weekend is a total of 20 hrs with 1/2 hour non-contact pre-reading before class.
This teacher training will be held at the beautiful Yoga by the Sea studio in Roberts Creek, BC on the Sunshine Coast. The address is 1055 Roberts Creek Rd. Please contact me directly or let me know in your sign up form if you need more detailed travel or accommodation options. There will be regular meal breaks and there are various food options close by.